Our Quality and Environment department attended the first AENOR FOCUS SDG meeting last week. A symposium where several leading companies in their corresponding areas of activity shared experience and learnings when integrating SDGs into their companies’ mission, vision and strategy.
Relevant to this, here are some of the insights shared by attendees:
- FERROVIAL: “We are looking for an economy oriented towards SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals). Governments are already working in that direction... We have to work towards being sustainable.”
- INDRA: “Sustainability is an opportunity. With digitization you become more efficient. They work to achieve energy efficiency, optimize mobility and involve their suppliers.”
- PLASTICOS FERRO: “We must anticipate society’s demands. This is why we put efforts into three fields: ecodesign, production (use of sustainable and reusable materials) and renewable energy usage.”
- TELEFÓNICA: “We have to strive towards a greener future. We are working on implementing responsible governance programs.”
- FCC CONSTRUCTION: “Our strategy focused on SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) is a business necessity and we work to create alliances with our stakeholders to achieve them.”
At FLULLE we reflect on and acknowledge the path that these agents are following and we give you brief informative pills on the main trends that we believe should be drivers when it comes to redefining business models:
- Digitization: Growing and accelerated demand as a result of the Covid-19 crisis
- Firm commitment from the European Union to the ecological transition goals
- Unprecedented legislative effort (Green Deal, Green Taxonomy...) and consequently the leading role of the business world in adapting itself to new demands. Unprecedented legislative effort (Green Deal, Green Taxonomy...) and consequently the leading role of the business world in adapting itself to new demands.
- Climate change – risk and opportunity matrix: great interest from investors. Focus on KPIs and performance measurement tools.
- Value chain and employees: Studying the impact of those indirect aspects of our activity and taking specific actions to reduce their reach.
- Courage: Recognizing that not everything is perfect as an driver for improvement. What to do? How to do it? Am I able to improve it?
As previously said: OPPORTUNITY IS OFTEN BRED FROM COMMITMENT.
Market niche detection
Blending into new focus groups’ expectations
All things summed up, clear orientation towards digitization and sustainability